Resending...

Hello net-dev.  I was wondering if somebody could please review the following proposed fix for 7123415:
Webrev URL: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpassani/7123415/0/webrev/
The proposed fix is noted within the bug description:
In src/solaris/native/java/net/net_util_md.c, there are instances of the network interface index being read in by a "%02x".  These instances are on lines 616 and 1110 of net_util_md.c and they appear involve code that obtains the default loopback interface index and default ipv6 interface index.  It has been shown by CR 7078386 that the index value can be more than two digits.  Therefore, these instances should likely be changed to "%08x" as instructed in CR 7078386.
I'm not sure how to come up with a reproducible test case for this as there currently aren't any tests which expose this specific problem.  This bug was found as part of the investigation for CR 7078386.  A reproducible test case would likely involve somehow setting the default loopback and ipv6 interfaces to a value more than 255, and I'm not sure if this can be done.  It is hoped that the approval given for the same type of fix pushed for CR 7078386 will allow the fix here.

Thanks.
--
Oracle
Brandon Passanisi | Principle Member of Technical Staff

Green
            Oracle Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment