OK, thanks.

I don't have a problem with this changes to get this working, but we should probably review any tests that are trying to connect to 0.0.0.0.

-Chris.

On 02/17/12 02:41 PM, Michael McMahon wrote:
Chris,

On 17/02/12 13:45, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Would it not make sense to fix the individual tests that are trying to
connect to 0.0.0.0, so they connect to the appropriate address/hostname?

We may end up doing that anyway. But the purpose of this change was to
deal with the situation where someone opens a socket to '0.0.0.0' and a
proxy
is enabled.
The tests you changed use 127.0.0.1 rather than the localhost. Does
InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostAddress() not return an appropriate
address? Or is it being proxied?

It returns a "normal" IP address, which ends up being proxied by default
on Mac.

- Michael.
-Chris.