Shirish,

Oooh, I'm not sure that any change to URL of this kind would be compatible. It may have been desirable to have this kind of behavior when URL was being originally created, but it is a legacy class, now replaced with URI, and I'm not sure a change like this could be done in a way to preserve compatibility with existing code.

-Chris