On 11/06/2012 11:30 AM, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
Chris,

If you need definitely refusing port the best option is use port 0
reserved by IANA for this purpose.

Do you have a link specifying this? I don't see this behavior on my Solaris box.

-Chris.

Other option is use port 1, it reserved for tcp multiplexor service and
nowdays is always closed for obvious security reason.

-Dmitry

On 2012-11-06 15:08, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Trivial test issue where the test will fail if run on a machine that has
a process listening on port 8080 ( test expects this port to refuse the
connection ). The solution is to simply open and close a listening
socket and use its ephemeral port. Should be good enough.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8002297/webrev.00/webrev/

-Chris