Thanks Rob.

Also, I am now looking at the previous changeset[1] where the regression was introduced, once available() figures out that a cached connection is no longer active, it should probably be removed from the cache. (setting ret to null doesn't remove it
from the cache).

If there were other reasons for not removing it from the cache that I am missing, that is fine - otherwise maybe we can file a separate bug for this.

Thanks,
Kurchi

[1] http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk7u/jdk7u/jdk/diff/e6dc1d9bc70b/src/share/classes/sun/net/www/http/HttpClient.java