In the main I link the new HttpURLPermission class.

When reading the docs I found the references to "the URL" and "URL string" confusing ( it could be just me ). When I see capital 'URL' my mind instantly, and incorrectly, goes to java.net.URL. In all cases you mean the URL string given when constructing the HttpURLPermission, right?

Another example is the equals method
  "Returns true if, this.getActions().equals(p.getActions()) and p's
   URL equals this's URL. Returns false otherwise."

this is referring so a simple string comparison of the given URL string, right? This should be case insensitive too. Does it take into account default protocol ports, e.g. http://foo.com/ equal http://foo.com:80/

implies() makes reference to the URL scheme, and other specific parts of the URL. Also, the constructors throw IAE 'if url is not a valid URL', but what does this mean. Should we just bite the bullet and just say that URI is used to parse the given string into its specific parts? Otherwise, how can this be validated.

As for the additions to HttpURLConnection, what are the implications on proxies? Permissions, etc...

-Chris.