I do a little clean up, and push the changes for John.

-Chris.

On 06/20/2013 11:57 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 19/06/2013 16:59, John Zavgren wrote:
All:

Please consider the following change to the MulticastSocket code that
conditionally sets the IP_MULTICAST_ALL socket option to "off" when
the Linux host is running a modern (greater than 2.6.30) kernel. This
option is used to prevent "promiscuous" receptions.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jzavgren/8014499/webrev.04/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejzavgren/8014499/webrev.04/>
The update to PlainDatagramSocketImpl.c looks okay but you might want to
fix ** comment (line 46-49).

Another consistency issue is that you are using
JNU_ThrowByNameWithLastError whereas it looks like the rest of this code
using JNU_ThrowByName, they there is wider clean-up needed here.

On the test then one thing that is a big odd is that doTest takes one
address rather than two. Would it be clearer to have it run with two
addresses?

 From what I can tell, the test prints "Test failed!!" when it fails but
doesn't actually fail (you might want to check that).

-Alan.