Chris (and Michael),

As my part of the "intermittently failing test cleanup," I'm looking into a test of yours that has been intermittently failing.

It's bug:

    https://jbs.oracle.com/bugs/browse/JDK-8017333

which is failing the regression test you added for:

    http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk8/tl/jdk/rev/e8a143213c65

You used a really old version of the test framework (pre-2003!) which doesn't output both the client and server exceptions. I've updated the test to use the new framework, and would like to put this back as a temporary measure so we can see what is really happening from any possible swallowed exceptions.

Xuelei/I are stumped as to what might be happening, so hopefully this action will give some clarity.

    8019341: Update CookieHttpsClientTest to use the newer framework.

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~wetmore/8019341/webrev.00/

It would be easiest to compare your test to the test/sun/security/ssl/templates/SSLSocketTemplate.java. They should be the same except for your test-specific code.

Brad

P.S.  I think AlanB/JoeD/StuartM will appreciate this effort.  ;)