On 16/07/13 20:11, Kurchi Hazra wrote:
Hi,
We have observed that test/java/net/Authenticator/B4769350.java fails intermittently. Although not reproducible always, the bug could be in the test/sun/net/www/httptest library that this test uses. I have rewritten the test to use com.sun.net.httpserver instead since we anyway want to move away from using the httptest library.

I have used CyclicBarriers to mimic TestHttpServer.rendezvous() and CountDownLatches to mimic TestHttpServer.waitForCondition() and hopefully preserved the rest of the logic in the test.
I have not seen the test failing after these changes.

Bug: http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=8017779
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~khazra/8017779/webrev.00/

Thanks,
Kurchi

Kurchi,

Since this is a fairly complicated test, and it's great to see it being rewritten,
is there any possibility of adding some commentary that explains the purpose
of the synchronization code. For instance, I can't see the purpose of the call
on line 163 as it just blocks a thread that has already completed its work

Michael