Hi Chris,
  yes, I concur, also

regards
Mark

On 23/10/2013 12:09, Michael McMahon wrote:
I agree. The change looks fine to me.

Thanks
Michael

On 23/10/13 12:09, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Mark, Michael,

java.net.HttpCookie, rightly or wrongly, supports three different Cookie specifications. Some of these are conflicting, and there have been many many bugs reported against various "special" characters being accepted.

This one is hopefully straight forward. The issue is specifically complaining about a space in the cookie name. Looking at the Netscape cookie draft [1] and RFC 2965 [2], they both seem to restrict a space in the cookie name, so I see no conflict in specs here. It seems reasonable to add this restriction.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8020758/webrev.00/

Additionally, since we are now adding a further restriction on the accepted characters in the cookie name, there is a slight compatibility risk. I believe this risk to be very small, and cannot find any evidence of cookies with spaces in there names.

Thanks,
-Chris.

[1] http://web.archive.org/web/20020803110822/http://wp.netscape.com/newsref/std/cookie_spec.html
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2965.txt