On 29/11/2013 18:03, Michael McMahon wrote:
This is another regression in JDK 8. A new "connecting" flag is getting confused
when a redirect occurs and a POST gets converted to a GET.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~michaelm/8029127/webrev.1/
The change looks okay but I do have a few comments on the  test.

Copyright dates make it look like it came from 2006 :-)

Is the @compile tag right, shouldn't it compile RedirectOnPost too? Might be easier to use /com/sun/... as / indicates the root of the test tree.

Import of javax.xml.soap, I can't see this being used.

Does the test really need to use SSL? I guess I don't like seeing tests need to grab files from other locations in the test tree.

Is "error" used?

Should the statics be moved into main?

runTest (L72-74), looks like the formatting is messed up here.

runTest - would be nice if this used try-with-resources.

Otherwise I think the test seems to cover the redirect okay, it just needs a bit of polishing so that it can be maintained.

-Alan.