Wenbo,

On WebSockets, that API work is being handled separately to this work
and will be put out for review very soon.

- Michael

On 31/07/15 19:37, Wenbo Zhu wrote:

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Simone Bordet <simone.bor...@gmail.com <mailto:simone.bor...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 7:54 PM, Wenbo Zhu <wen...@google.com
    <mailto:wen...@google.com>> wrote:
    > Thanks for the update.
    >
    > ===
    >
    > Is WebSocket out of the scope now?
    >
    > == async streams
    >
    > I.e. how bodies are to be read/written asynchronously, with
    flow-control
    > (aka back pressures).
    >
    > There are many different styles or abstractions. IMO, if
    reactive streams
    > are to be included in jdk9, we may want to adopt the same model
    (if not the
    > API).

    Okay.

    > Or we follow the NIO2 model (readiness),

    Please no ! :)

Ignoring the epoll part, is the issue in the API styles or the actual model?

    > to not introduce another concept.

    Reactive streams and NIO2 are at 2 different levels of abstraction.
    If it's not reactive streams, then it must be something new.

    FWIW, we're discussing with the Servlet 4 EG about introducing a
    reactive stream API for Servlet 4 async I/O.
    Not yet carved in stone, but it's getting a little traction.

Ah, I just cross-post this thread to the EG mailing list.

    --
    Simone Bordet
    http://bordet.blogspot.com