Hi Chris,
  thanks for the feedback, I'll make the appropriate amendments

regards
Mark

On 18/03/2016 11:17, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Hi Mark,

This mainly looks good. Some specific comments on InetAddress.

  - Why did you add transient to this field?
     private static TRANSIENT NameService nameService = null;

  - There will be support for IPv6, right?  There is a comment
    in the code that says otherwise.

  - jdk.net.hosts.file pointing to a file that does not exist
    results in an UHE always, right? There is a comment in the
    code that says otherwise.

I incorporated my comments, along with some stylistic and
proposed re-wordings, into a webrev for your convenience:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8134577_comments/src/java.base/share/classes/java/net/InetAddress.java.sdiff.html

-Chris.