Hi Vyom,

I think it should be the case that the same exception (FrpProtocol, IOException) should
be rethrown instead of the exception that resulted from the call to close.

In many case, the exceptions from a call to a cleanup close() are simply ignored but the alternative is to add them as suppressed exceptions to the original fe or ex. I would code the new blocks as ignoring the IOException on close and falling through
to throw  the same exception as previously.
For example,

         } catch (FtpProtocolException fe) {
+            if (ftp != null) {
+                try {
+                    ftp.close();
+                } catch (IOException ioe) {
+                    // ignore;  alternatively fe.addSuppressed(ioe);
             throw new IOException(fe);

Roger