Michael,

getFreePort follows a failed pattern. There is no guarantee that the port will
be “free” when you actually require it. It will only reduce the likelihood of
failure.     Is there any way that the actual tests needing the port can
create it themselves ( i understand that this will be more work, and possibly
require some refactoring ).

-Chris.