On 3 May 2016, at 16:23, Pavel Rappo <pavel.ra...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here's an updated webrev with the latest implementation:
>
>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prappo/8087113/webrev.04/

This looks much better, more straight forward.

I will ignore any TODO’s and items mentioned in 8155621, which I assume
will be addressed as incremental improvements after this goes in.  FWIW,
I’m glad that you will be making simplifications around handling of TEXT.

WSMessagePublisher

  - The Consumer<Throwabe> that is passed to the sender, calls react()
  when a message is completed. It does this so that the removal and
  completion are done in a single place, but won’t this blow the stack if
  there is a continuous flow of outbound messages available? If so,
  would it be better to complete the future, remove from the backlog, and
  then signal ?

WSShared

  - I see that there are number of simplifications that can be made once
  8150785 is resolved. Good.  Also, there us some overlap where with
  ByteBufferGenerator/Consumer, so there may be a future opportunity
  for consolidation, at least in some parts

WSReceivedMessages

 - I think that the back pressure is implemented, correctly, as the number
 of invocations of the listener callbacks, but the spec may need a minor
 clarification. It is not a unit of message or frame. It can be as little as a
 single byte.   Not an immediate issue, but we should revisit this as part
 of 8155621

-Chris.