Christoph,

On 22/09/16 21:59, Langer, Christoph wrote:
Hi,

while looking at utility functions for creating exceptions in
libjava/libnet I found a small spot that should be consolidated right away.

The function NET_ThrowSocketException does only exist in the windows
native implementation and is only used in 3 places in
SocketInputStream.c. I removed this in favor of directly calling
JNU_ThrowByName as the Unix variant of that code already does.

In that function Java_java_net_SocketInputStream_socketRead0 I also
replaced throwing a SocketException with throwing an NPE in the rare
case that a the JNI input for the file descriptor is null. That’s
probably more natural and should virtually never occur anyways.

Hmmm... I'm not sure about this. SocketException is thrown on
unix too for a similar situation. More significantly, a null value
represents that the socket has been, possibly asynchronously,
closed.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8166584.0/

Other than the above concern, the remainder of the code looks ok
to me.

-Chris.