Hi all,

I wonder if it would be possible to add a new public exception time for the
situation of an SocketChannel.accept(…) or SocketChannel.open(…)  (and the same
for ServerSocket / Socket) failing because of too many open files.
The reason is because especially when acting as a server such an exception may
be something you can easily recover from. At there is basically no way to
detect if this was the cause of an IOException or not.

On unix / linux this are the errno values:

[EMFILE]           The per-process descriptor table is full.
[ENFILE]           The system file table is full.

For netty we would love to be able to know if this was the case of the problem
and if so just stop accepting for a period of time to help the system to
recover.

What others think about this ?

Thanks,
Norman