They look fine for JDK 10 though. Consider them both reviewed.

Thanks
Michael.

On 26/01/2017, 10:02, Langer, Christoph wrote:

Hi Chris, Michael,

as I consider this change final from my side and the jdk10 forest is open now, I guess it is a good point to come back to this.

I personally would prefer if I could still submit it to jdk9, given that it is automatically consolidated to jdk10 and the code base would remain the same. The change set is only a cleanup to the Inet*AddressImpl.c coding and should be quite manageable.

The same goes for this one: http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/net-dev/2016-December/010571.html

In any case, I'd like you to decide this now and give me a review in short term, that I can get it out of my head. J

Thanks & Best regards

Christoph

*From:*Langer, Christoph
*Sent:* Mittwoch, 21. Dezember 2016 15:57
*To:* net-dev@openjdk.java.net
*Subject:* RFR(M): 8167457: Fixes for InetAddressImpl native coding on Windows

Hi again,

after pushing the change for 8171077 (http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/rev/24f8703890b2), I have updated my patch for 8167457 and I have also updated the bug description to reflect the reduced scope.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8167457.0/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eclanger/webrevs/8167457.0/>

The change now merely is code cleanup which should not change the current behavior apart from removing the isspace(hostname[0]) check and the isDottedIPAddress check in Java_java_net_Inet4AddressImpl_lookupAllHostAddr. But testing lets me think it is not needed any longer for the supported Windows versions of JDK9.

Same as with 8167420, from my point of view this change is ready to push and it runs nightly in our builds/tests of OpenJDK on several platforms. Though I guess you want to postpone this to JDK10, I'd be glad if you could still consider it for JDK9. But I won't pressure otherwise ;-)

Thanks & Best regards

Christoph