Arno,

On 11/01/17 14:21, Zeller, Arno wrote:
Hi Chris,

I have addressed your comments in a new webrev. Can you please have a look at
this one?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8170868.3/

This is looking much better, thank you.

Some smaller comments and observations ( I'm still reviewing
and testing ):

1) With this change there may be network connections made
   to support WPAD and retrieve PAC files. This should be
   fine as system proxy settings are coming from a trusted
   source, i.e. the system.

2) unix/native/libnet/DefaultProxySelector.c

   You have changes to make g_strv_length available, but then
   count the proxies in the list manually. Maybe just use
   g_strv_length.

   Nit: L 167 / 358    parameter indentation

3) windows/native/libnet/DefaultProxySelector.c

   The HINTERNET session could be set lazily, for the case
   where there are no auto proxy settings. Not sure if it
   worth it though.

   The indentation of the main body of XXX_getSystemProxies
   could be reduced a little if:
     if (WinHttpGetIEProxyConfigForCurrentUser(&ie_proxy_config) == FALSE)
       return NULL;

4) macosx/native/libnet/DefaultProxySelector.c

   The indentation of the main body of XXX_getSystemProxies
   could be reduced a little if:
    proxyDicRef = CFNetworkCopySystemProxySettings();
    if (proxyDicRef == NULL)
       return NULL;

5) I personally prefer the code of the old createProxy. Was there
   specific reason why you changed it?

6) Can you generally check the line lengths in all files, and try
   where possible to keep it below 100, e.g. some comments could
   easily be wrapped.

7) I would like to add jtreg tags to test/java/net/ProxySelector/
   SystemProxies.java to have it run in any automated test systems.
   There would be no failure mode of this test, as it requires
   manually inspecting the output, but it would at least give some
   coverage to this new code. Something like:
     /*
      * @test
      * @bug 8170868
* @summary Basic test to provide some coverage of system proxy code. Will * always pass. Should be run manually for specific systems to inspect output.