Hi Mark and Christoph,

     thanks for the comment.

    Pushed with changing max tries count into a "staic final int" field and removed the in-necessary space character.

-Felix
On 2017/9/7 22:04, Langer, Christoph wrote:
Hi Mark,

I overlooked that, you are completely right, recreateServerSocket is fine then.

Best regards
Christoph

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Sheppard [mailto:mark.shepp...@oracle.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 7. September 2017 13:07
To: Langer, Christoph <christoph.lan...@sap.com>; Felix Yang
<felix.y...@oracle.com>
Cc: net-dev@openjdk.java.net
Subject: Re: RFR 8085875/10,
java/net/DatagramSocket/PortUnreachable.java fails intermittently: Address
already in use

Hi Christoph,
     looking at the logic of the test, it is seen that a "server socket"
is created in the execute method, and is then closed,
and a bunch of datagrams sent to it.  Then in the serverSend method an
attempt is made to (re-)create a DatagramSocket using the
same port as the original "server socket", so recreate would seem to
convey an appropriate semantics.
WRT an upper limit for retryCount, that's a reasonable point, but
probably a "static final int" rather than just static field.

regards
Mark