> On 2 Jun 2018, at 07:22, Jaikiran Pai <jai.forums2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Some of the places where we parse the (response) headers, we check for the
> presence of some headers and if not present then we default them to certain
> values (based on certain application specific context). In its current form
> of the HttpHeaders API, we would either have to write some kind of wrapper
> API which returns a default value for those headers or keep repeating the
> logic of checking the returned Optional for empty value, before defaulting it
> to something.

Probably asking the obvious, but why can't you just write:

    headers.firstValue(name).orElse(defaultValue)

instead of

    headers.firstValueOrDefault(name, defaultValue) ?

I'm not sure the value provided by introducing these methods is worth the
increase in this API's size. Optionals provide a toolset for such tasks.
This toolset is much richer than just "defaulting".