Hi,

we have stumbled upon the error below on Windows.

We suspect this is happening when closing sockets that have the linger
option set.

Since SocketDispatcher.close0() eventually calls the Windows API
closesocket(), this seems to be confirmed by this article:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms737582(v=vs.85).aspx

I was wondering if this is a known issue, or anyone encountered this
error before.

For more context, see also https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/2468.

Thanks !

java.io.IOException: A non-blocking socket operation could not be
completed immediately
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.close0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.close(SocketDispatcher.java:63)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.kill(SocketChannelImpl.java:879)
at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorImpl.implDereg(WindowsSelectorImpl.java:588)
at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.processDeregisterQueue(SelectorImpl.java:149)
at sun.nio.ch.WindowsSelectorImpl.doSelect(WindowsSelectorImpl.java:142)
at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.lockAndDoSelect(SelectorImpl.java:86)
at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:97)
at sun.nio.ch.SelectorImpl.select(SelectorImpl.java:101)

--
Simone Bordet
---