Hello Matthias!

Thanks for the fix!

On 6/22/18 6:08 AM, Baesken, Matthias wrote:

Hello Alan, Thomas , I adjusted the line lengths and created a new webrev :

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbaesken/webrevs/8205342.1/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Embaesken/webrevs/8205342.1/>

I considered replacing the 100 for error_msg_buf size by a define (or maybe const int?) , should I do so ?

I'd prefer to have hardcoded 100 replaced with sizeof(error_msg_buf) at lines 125 and 195. And with sizeof(error_msg_buf) / sizeof(error_msg_buf[0]) at lines 126 and 196.

I understand that it is highly unlikely that type of error_msg_buf will ever change, but I think it would express the intention for the argument values clearer.

With kind regards,
Ivan

Best regards, Matthias

*From:*Alan Bateman [mailto:alan.bate...@oracle.com]
*Sent:* Mittwoch, 20. Juni 2018 10:45
*To:* Baesken, Matthias <matthias.baes...@sap.com>; net-dev@openjdk.java.net *Subject:* Re: RFR: 8205342: windows : potential memleaks in getAdapter(s) in NetworkInterface_winXP.c

On 20/06/2018 09:07, Baesken, Matthias wrote:

Hello . Please review this small fix that fixes potential memory leaks in getAdapter(s) in NetworkInterface_winXP.c and
    simplifies the coding a bit too .

    Currently   when generating error messages ,   some memory  is
    malloc-ed for the error messages , but not always freed .

    Bug:

    webrev :

    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mbaesken/webrevs/8205342/
    <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Embaesken/webrevs/8205342/>

Can you fix the line lengths to make it consistent with original code? That will make it easier to look at side-by-side diffs.

-Alan

--
With kind regards,
Ivan Gerasimov