On 09/01/2019 15:20, Steve Groeger wrote:

I think I have an Linux system setup with a simarly configured interface (system has IPv6 configured but interface has no IPv6/INET6 address configured) but the test works fine when run on that system.

This is what I observe too. Confirmed by looking at the test
output in the jtr file.

This was why I was asking the question on whether this should work on AIX, or whether it should fail on Linux!!!

I suspect that this is an issue with the native setsockopt
on AIX. That said, if it cannot be resolved on AIX, then
maybe the networking native code on AIX, should workaround
it.

-Chris.