On 29/04/2019 12:17, Alan Bateman wrote:
Changing SIS.close and SOS.close to caller super.close raises a number of questions. These close should never be called Socket.getInputStream and getOutputStream don't leak these streams to user code (they used to but now in JDK 13). My concern is that if they were ever to be called then it will be calling the FIS/FOS close methods which brings along a several questions on it interacts with the cleaner mechanism used by those classes.

Since 8220493, these socket in/out stream close methods are effectively
no longer in charge of closing the socket ( since that will happen from
the outer stream wrapper in Socket ). I wonder if they should simply
call impl.close()?

-Chris.