On 08/05/2019 12:51, Chris Hegarty wrote:

While the vast majority of libnet.so is devoted to socket related
implementation, not all is. There are a small number of low-level pieces
of functionality that can be used with support for either IPv4 or IPv6
being present. The NIO implementation also uses some shared common
functionality from libnet.so. It seems overly restricting to disallow
libnet.so from loading if neither IPv4 or IPv6 are present.

I agree as an innocent reference to a type in java.net might resulting in libnet being loaded as a side effect. We also have the issue that the file system implementation is in libnio so libnet will be loaded there too (although shouldn't trigger its JNI OnLoad to be run).

-Alan