Hi Alex,

(and redirecting the thread to net-dev)

It looks like a straight forward solution and perhaps the compatibility test
could be challenged on the basis of reliance on implementation behavior rather than the spec.

But, more important I think is the behavior change of the fix itself and that will require careful review which we can't commit to immediately. We will try and get back to you
about it in a week or so.

Thanks,

Michael.