On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 09:40:39 GMT, Сергей Цыпанов
<github.com+10835776+stsypa...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Andrey Turbanov has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   8080272: Refactor I/O stream copying to use java.io.InputStream.transferTo
>>   revert changes in Apache Santuario
>
> src/java.base/share/classes/sun/security/tools/keytool/Main.java line 2459:
>
>> 2457:                 byte[] bytes = in.readAllBytes();
>> 2458:                 return
>> CertificateFactory.getInstance("X509").generateCRLs(
>> 2459:                         new ByteArrayInputStream(bytes));
>
> Let's just pass `in` into `generateCRLs` instead of reading all bytes and
> rewrapping them into `InputStream` again?

Looks like it was done intentionally by original author of the code.
Check comment above:

                // Read the full stream before feeding to X509Factory,
                // otherwise, keytool -gencrl | keytool -printcrl
                // might not work properly, since -gencrl is slow
                // and there's no data in the pipe at the beginning.