> unless there are any objections, I will close 8257080

No objection from me.

> Things have moved on a lot since then, for example I see no reason why
> the Java HTTP Client, that uses non-blocking NIO socket channels, could
> not do it's own multi-connect thing.

Well, I am stuck with Java 8 and if any LDAP server goes down, all
java applications will, too.
Python, .NET, etc. are not affected.
In Java 8 there is no way around it. The next LTS is Java 11 which does ont
include
the Ldap DNS class you mentioned.

As the java.net classes are all not modifiable using a agent or such,
this is still a quite unpleasant situation. Which is why I raised
this issue in the first place.

- Ben