On Fri, Jan 22, 2021 at 10:18 AM Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com>
wrote:

Yes, URL is really old and much of its legacy behavior cannot be changed
> for compatibility reasons. At some point I think all of its constructors
> need to be deprecated. So if you are making changes to URL then assume
> it will require a lot of Reviewer cycles.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll take this into consideration when exploring
this area. My goal is really just to reduce the number of  substring calls
and other allocations, but I'll try to do so with minimal impact on code
and optimize for reviewability. I understand that any changes here should
be small and obvious.

Eirik.