On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 11:03:07 GMT, Evan Whelan <ewhe...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please review this fix for which corrects the order in which field values
>> are returned from the `HttpURLConnection.getHeaderFields` and
>> `URLConnection.getRequestProperties` methods.
>>
>> Currently, the implementation of these methods returns the values in
>> reverse. This does not conform with the RFC2616 spec which outlines that the
>> order of these field values should not be changed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Evan
>
> Evan Whelan has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   URLConnection doc fixes

Changes requested by chegar (Reviewer).

src/java.base/share/classes/java/net/URLConnection.java line 1147:

> 1145:      * to the map is not supported by the protocol being
> 1146:      * used in a given subclass.
> 1147:      *

I'm not sure about this. What is the use-case driving this clarification? Is it
just for the corner case where the default implementation of getHeaderFields is
not overridden ?

src/java.base/share/classes/java/net/URLConnection.java line 1200:

> 1198:      * added. This method must preserve the insertion order
> 1199:      * of such values.
> 1200:      *

But we have made addRequestProperty effectively a no-op ( as above ) !