In another bug  this question from m  was answered by  Alan Bateman :
--------------------------------
Btw. while adjusting Java_sun_nio_ch_sctp_SctpChannelImpl_receive0 , I started
to wonder what happens to the allocated memory in the same file in
handleSendFailed ( if ((addressP = malloc(dataLength)) == NULL) ) in early
return cases incl. the CHECK_NULL , is there some deallocation missing there
too ?
--------------------------------
Yes, the error paths in handleSendFailed should be looked at. If
NewDirectByteBuffer or recvmsg fails then addressP needs to be freed.
Furthermore, if the NewObject fails and bufferObj != NULL then the memory for
the direct buffer will need to be freed too (as JNI NewDirectByteBuffer does
not setup a cleaner).

So I added freeing of the malloced memory to handleSendFailed .
Please review !

Thanks, Matthias

Commit messages:
 - JDK-8261791