On Wed, 26 May 2021 03:54:14 GMT, Jie Fu <ji...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> java/net/SctpSanity.java fails on some of our test machines due to Protocol
> not supported.
> The reason is that the test fails to detect all the cases when a machine
> doesn't support SCTP.
>
> The fix just follows what are done in [1][2][3] to detect unsupported
> paltforms at the beginning.
>
> Thanks.
> Best regards,
> Jie
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/test/jdk/com/sun/nio/sctp/SctpMultiChannel/Util.java#L59
> [2]
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/test/jdk/com/sun/nio/sctp/SctpServerChannel/Util.java#L59
> [3]
> https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/test/jdk/com/sun/nio/sctp/SctpChannel/Util.java#L59

Okay, so I think the issue is that EPROTONOSUPPORT is not handled as I would
have expected that to cause UOE to be thrown. I suspect the isSCTPSupported
check in Util.java (used by the tests in jdk/test/com/sun/nio/sctp) are masking
this. My memory is that there were several relilability issues with SCTP in the
early days and it might be that this is why they skip when any error is
returned creating the SCTP socket.