On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 12:22:52 GMT, Weijun Wang <wei...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I thought about that but not sure of performance impact. Is the worst problem
> that more than one warnings will be printed for a single caller? It's not
> really harmless.
>
> As for the frame, if the warning message only contain the caller class name
> and its code source, why is it worth using a key of multiple frames? The
> message will look the same.

WeakHashMap access synchronization. Whether we need to cache to avoid excessive
warnings isn't clear. If the SM is enabled once and never disabled/re-enabled
then caching isn't interesting.  On the other hand if there are programs that
are enabling/disabling to execute subsets of code then maybe it is. Maybe we
should just drop this and see if there is any feedback on the repeated warning?