On Mon, 20 Dec 2021 08:51:17 GMT, Daniel Jeliński <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> Here too I didn't want to change the current behaviour/code of the test.
>> It's not just this catch block but even the one a few lines above which
>> catches `InterruptedIOException`. Neither the `send()` nor the `receive()`
>> APIs of `DatagramSocket` specify that they throw this specific exception,
>> but the test seems to catch it and consider it a socket timeout. So I'm
>> guessing this test and the catch block was written with some specific
>> context in mind and I didn't want to change that part as part of this PR
>> which only aims to enable logging by default. Plus like Mark notes, the spec
>> says `PortUnreachableException` "may" be thrown and isn't guaranteed.
>
> Right. Looks like `OSsupportsFeature` was used to filter out systems that
> don't send "port unreachable"; we could probably use it here if the failure
> turns out to be OS-specific.
>
> Additional logs look fine.

as I indicated below, we have tracked and investigated this issue and it is not
purely a macosx-aarch64 issue. It may also be a  test env issue. As such using
the OS filtering in the test, which is designed to primarily exclued AIX,
wouldn't be the appropraite approach. If we wish to exclude the test on
macosx-aarch64, then use of Problemlist is more appropriate.