On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 03:03:37 GMT, Bernd <d...@openjdk.java.net> wrote:

>> If we want to reuse the result, we may have to cache something.  It is not
>> good to me.  The parsing of the signature scheme names actually depends on
>> the provider.  So at this point, in the Java SE API specification, it is not
>> easy to know how to parse the strings to me.
>
> Yes you are right, it would require a setter where the provider can register
> the resolved array into the parameter instance (if we need to support
> multiple providers). But it would be a good optimization assuming clients
> keep the parameters around in a frequent Connection scenario.

I see your point.  The API default implementation could be complicated, if
considering loading and unloading providers at runtime.  I agree with you about
the potential performance impact (minimal, but we may want to optimizing), and
let's see if we could have a solution later.  Since it is a common issue, I
will not address it in this PR.