On Wed, 2 Feb 2022 08:31:08 GMT, Masanori Yano <my...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> I added socket connection check same as IPv6_supported().
> Before this fix, when IPv4 is uninstalled (called `netsh interface ipv4
> uninstall`), and set property `-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true`,
> java.net.InetAddress.PLATFORM_LOOKUP_POLICY.characteristics is always set to
> 1(IPv4), because IPv4_supported() always returns TRUE. After applied this
> fix, java.net.InetAddress.PLATFORM_LOOKUP_POLICY.characteristics is set to
> 2(IPv6).
> It looks fine that IPv4_supported() returns FALSE.
> Would you review this fix?

I was working on this -- we have yet to fully analyse various failures from a
Windows IPv6 only run, the build for which also  has changes from
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8279566 and some changes from
We should have access to the test environment again next week to  execute
additional test runs