On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 18:24:56 GMT, Xue-Lei Andrew Fan <xue...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> This update is to support signature schemes customization for individual
>> (D)TLS connection.  Please review the CSR as well:
>> CSR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8280495
>> RFE: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8280494
>> Release-note: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8281290
>
> Xue-Lei Andrew Fan has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>
>   Spec update

If you agree with my last couple of comments, I think the API looks good now
that you can finalize the CSR. I have not really reviewed the impl code and
tests previously and may not have time to do a thorough review although I think
Jamil may have done that - if he is ok with the rest of the code, then I think
you can integrate once the CSR is approved. Thanks for the patience.

src/java.base/share/classes/javax/net/ssl/SSLParameters.java line 749:

> 747:      * @implNote
> 748:      * Note that the underlying provider may define the default signature
> 749:      * schemes for each SSL/TLS/DTLS connection.  Applications may also
> use

I think you can remove the first sentence that starts with "Note ..." as you
already talk about provider-specific defaults before this. Also @implNotes are
usually about the JDK implementation and not any provider. In the second
sentence I would be more specific that this applies to the SunJSSE provider
(see changes in italics), ex: "Applications ... system properties _with the
SunJSSE provider_ to ..."