On Thu, 26 May 2022 07:17:12 GMT, Jaikiran Pai <j...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Can I please get a review of this change which addresses the issue noted in
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8287318?
>
> The `ServerImpl` has a `Dispatcher` thread which uses a `Selector` to select
> keys of interested. The selected keys is then iterated over and each key is
> removed through the iterator. This is fine as long as the selector isn't then
> used to invoke select operation(s) while the iterator is still in use. Doing
> so leads to the underlying Set being potentially modified with updates to the
> selected keys. As a result any subsequent use of the iterator will lead to
> `ConcurrentModificationException` as seen in the linked issue.
>
> The commit here fixes that by creating a copy of the selected keys and
> iterating over it so that any subsequent select operation on the selector
> won't have impact on the Set that is being iterated upon.
>
> No new tests have been added given the intermittent nature of this issue.
> Existing tier1, tier2 and tier3 tests passed without any related failures,
> after this change.

Marked as reviewed by dfuchs (Reviewer).

src/jdk.httpserver/share/classes/sun/net/httpserver/ServerImpl.java line 384:

> 382:                     final Set<SelectionKey> copy = new
> HashSet<>(selected);
> 383:                     // iterate over the copy
> 384:                     for (final SelectionKey key : copy) {

Another possibility would be to call toArray() - since we're simply going to
iterate we don't need a full copy of the hashset - e.g.: `for (var key :
selected.toArray(SelectionKey[]::new)) {`