On Thu, 8 Oct 2026 15:46:35 GMT, Matthias Baesken <[email protected]> wrote:

> For Icmp6SendEcho2 the reply buffer size is documented here :
> https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/api/icmpapi/nf-icmpapi-icmp6sendecho2
> 
> 'The size, in bytes, of the reply buffer pointed to by the ReplyBuffer 
> parameter. This buffer should be large enough to hold at least one 
> ICMPV6_ECHO_REPLY structure plus RequestSize bytes of data.
> This buffer should also be large enough to also hold 8 more bytes of data 
> (the size of an ICMP error message) plus space for an IO_STATUS_BLOCK 
> structure'
> 
> ---------
> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the [OpenJDK 
> Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).

I added  `#include <winternl.h>`  to get IO_STATUS_BLOCK defined. maybe we 
could just add '16'  to avoid this inclusion.
Some MS docu also recommended including wdm.h but this did not work at least 
with my MSVC setup.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33271#issuecomment-6077144872

Reply via email to