Date:    Tue, 8 Oct 2002 07:19:28 -0500
From:    Gleason Sackmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: K12>  Voice of America on the Net

Sent: Monday, October 07, 2002 10:45 PM
From: Steve <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: misc.education.home-school.misc
Subject: Resource:  Voice of America on the Net

Wondering how to pronounce those unpronounceable names that seem to
pepper the news of late?  Check out the Voice of America's web site
with its Pronunciation Guide.

For example, try  "ABDEREMANE, AHMED ABDALLAH; language of origin -
Comoros. Pronunciation: AH-mehd   ahb-dah-LAH   ahb-derr-reh-MAHN
Many entries also have an accompanying sound file so you can hear the
pronunciation.

Check it out and you will be correctly namedropping all those
wonderful long foreign names at the next block party.  Careful
though, if you can pronounce some of these names, especially those
from certain countries of origin, some of your neighbors might take
that as a sign that you are in cahoots with 'em and call the feds on
you!  :P

http://ibb7.ibb.gov/pronunciations/#

Steve
----