I've landed my flying saucer on this particular White House lawn
because I think your documentation needs some fixing.  I have no
designs on your <strikeout>Earth females</strikeout>source code, I'd
just like to get write access to your repo long enough to fix a large
number of small documentation-markup problems.  Then I'll happily
tootle off to another solar system and leave you to your Mr. Kangaroo
reruns.

Explanation: I've written a tool called "doclifter" that lifts manual pages
to XML-Docbook.  It's gotten good enough at the job that the most efficient
way for me to handle the 4% of cases where it still throws errors and warnings
is to go to individual projects that ship lots of problematic  pages and
clean them up.  I did netpbm a couple weeks ago and I'm working on groff
now; the X documentation is probably next after you guys.

Yes, normally I would do this sort of thing by pushing patches through
your tracker or mailing list.  But a few projects, like yours, need
lots and lots of little patches that I know are really annoying and
boring to review.  It saves hassle and everybody's time (including
mine) if I can just go in and fix things.

(I think I may have sent a couple of patches here in the past.  If I
did, the reason I've showed up in person is because my validator is
turning up a lot of warnings it did not formerly -- things like
attenmpts to use .ta and .ti in laying out code examples.)

Besides liftability to DocBook, your benefit from letting me do this
is that it will fix a lot of little things that may result in bad
page rendering by non-groff viewers like the GNOME yelp program and
KDE help center.

You could opt to learn <strikeout>alien star drive technology</strikeout> how
to migrate your masters to DocBook and set up your build'n'ship machinery
to make both man pages and web pages from those.  A lot of advanced
<strikeout>species</strikeout> projects are doing that these days;
I can show you how, I've got the plans stashed inside my giant robot
sidekick right here....

It's all part of my master plan for <strikeout>galactic conquest</strikeout>
a better open-source documentation infrastructure.