TA> BTW, you've been heavily arguing against the #ifdef hack in the first
TA> place back then, but don't let it stop you from voting for its
TA> persistence now that the alternative isn't a fancy segfault, but just
TA> normal operation. ;-)

Heh.

All I wanted was an explanation of why things were being done.  Removing
something that we decided to accept as a bug fix at some point for some
reason requires thinking about (even if I originally didn't like the
fix).

If it is no longer an issue, then yes, remove it!
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.