On 10 February 2010 02:45, EYRE Bernadette
<bernadette.e...@alcatel-lucent.com> wrote:
> Hello Dave,

Please address queries to the list as a whole - not to me personally.
I am *not* the sole support for this project (though it sometimes
feels like it!)

> Is it possible to create snmpv3 user with hashed password rather than
> clear text and provide the appropriate hash algorithm type?

   $ man snmpd.conf

   SNMPv3 Users

   If you want to generate either your master or localized keys directly,
   replace the given password with a hexstring (preceeded by a "0x")
   and precede the hex string by a -m or -l token (respectively).

> If so which api to use?

All creation of SNMPv3 users eventually boils down to a call to:

   usm_add_user()

>                        Any examples?

See 'usm_parse_create_usmUser()' in snmplib/snmpv3.c

Dave