On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 23:07:16 +0100 Magnus wrote:
MF> What is the correct semantics of a copy of a transport?
MF>
MF> What happens if I close the copy? The original?

Good point. One of them will be left with a file descriptor that is no longer
valid. If some other tranport then opens a socket, they could get the same one
and mayhem could ensue.

Maybe a safer thing to do would be to not copy the socket fd, but set it to -1
on the copy. If a particular transport really wants it, they can copy it in
their f_copy function.