 From: sarath azad <saraths...@yahoo.co.in>
To: Anish <anish2g...@yahoo.co.in>
Cc: "net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net"
<net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Friday, 6 September 2013 1:12 PM
Subject: Re: which is better way to create SNMPv3 users

Hi Anish,

Thanks for the reply.
My requirement is to create SNMPv3 users when ever needed, and not just at the
Agent start up.
Also if I am creating a user using SNMPUSM command, I am able to create, but
they are not persistent across a Agent restart.
Once i created a user using SNMPUSM I have tried to send signal -HUP to snmpd
process to see if the new user is getting updated in the persistent snmpd.conf
file, but it was not updating.

Any idea how to make the users created by SNMPUSM copied to persistent
snmpd.conf file, so that it will be persistent across the Agent restart.
I am thinking about this option of using SNMPUSM as it doesnot require restart
of the Agent process.

Thanks and regards
S Sarath