Am 22.04.2014 21:26, schrieb Niels Baggesen:
Den 19-03-2014 17:12, Highend-Digital Post skrev:
My general idea is to use asynchroneous SNMP_MSG_GETBULK requests which
were restarted from within the handler after all previous data is
processed.

I would question whether GETBULK is the right approach, but that depends very much on the locality of the OIDs that you are going to query? A straight GET might be a better approach.
There are 200-300 oids from each device available. If using BULK requests, only 2-3 requests (of 30 oids each) will suffice to get all the needed information.

->  Is the general idea correct or might the system run into performance
problems with this amount of data?

That should mostly depend on the agents that you are querying, but in general I would not expect any problems.
yes, after first test I've got the same impression. Still I'm fighting with some 'general error' message. Being back if this problem will again trouble me and I'm able to supply more details.

Currently I work with the 'standard' version (-5.4.3) of net-snmp under
Debian Wheezy.

-> Is there a need to upgrade to a newer version (to gain new
functionality or better performance) ?

No.

/Niels

Regards, Roger