Hello everybody,
I am about to implement snmpTargetAddrTable, snmpTargetParamsTable and
snmpNotifyTable to send notifications to the targets, and I have 2 questions.
For v2c notification, is the community in the notification packet  in any way
related to an entry in snmpCommunityTable? And for v3, do I build security
parameters (usmUserName, usmUserEngineID, usmUserAuthProtocol etc)  with those
outlined in a userUsmTable? It does not seem right to me since these tables are
specified for the incoming requests, not the outgoing ones, but there are
different opinions here. Also if those tables are not used in building
notifications, what is a common way to obtain security parameters to issue
notifications?
Thank you very much in advance.
Leonard