On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:24:38 +0530 Bhushan wrote:
BD> Now, for some of the variables, we need to provide some custom responses,
BD> by calling a third party SDK, ( Some phys are hidden from Linux OS )  and
BD> we need to provide handlers for them .
BD>
BD> So we need to 'unregister' the default handler and 'register' our handler.

You can use configure to exclude modules at runtime, or use the -I command at
runtime.  Or, just register your module at a higher priority.

BD> Is it good idea to modify the source ? Do we need to release the source ? (
BD> GPL terms ? etc. )

No, Net-SNMP is under a BSD license. See the COPYING file for details. And if
you create a dynamically loaded module, you don't need to modify the source.

Robert